Edwards Garage Doors
Give Your Garage A Finished Look
We specialize in the repair of residential garage doors, openers, sales, service, & installation.
A reliable services who can help ensure that you do not have any problem when it comes to garage doors.
Single Door Or Double Garage Door Spring Repair
We can make sure that you garage door stays clean and smooth to help ensure the right security.
This Is What Our Customers Have To Say
M Rocksborough Smith
quick service on emergency call - 24/7
Garage Door Spring
Installation & Repair
Find something not working properly? You can be sure of finding the right services with us.
There are so many simple ways that you can fix that creaky and probably faulty garage door of yours that has started causing you some trouble. The things that I have listed out in this guide will certainly end up saving you a lot of time and even money as well. Make sure that you know what you are doing properly, and if you do not, it is best if you hire a professional to do it for you. They will undoubtedly know what they are doing because they are good at what they do, and they get paid to be good in their profession. If you are going at it by yourself, you should make sure that you are mechanically inclined and that you are also as safe as possible.
Here are those things that I previously talked about.
- If your door is not working like it is supposed to, you should take a look at the sensor. One of the biggest reasons that door normally stop working is because there would be something wrong with the sensor, and this would be the reason in most cases. It could even be a very simple placement issue. You should be certain that it is placed perfectly and in the right place. You should make sure that you keep objects away from the sensor and it is kind of obvious that if the sensor is locked, the door will not be working properly because of this. In worst-case scenarios, there would be situations where you will have to replace the sensor, and this will cost you some money indeed. You should be ready for that.
- The garage door has openers, and that could have some issues. If you are having problems with the opener or the remote, it could be something as simple as the batteries or even some wiring issue. You should just replace the remote if it is causing you too much trouble. They are actually not that costly indeed.
- You should have someone be there to help you with all of the heavy liftings. If you are doing the repair by yourself, it would be great if you had someone there with you to lift the heavy things and this would be for your own safety, and it is better because you will have some guarantee that you will not end up breaking the heavy things because you are not alone.
- The motor does not stop running. A simple solution would be to make adjustments to the limit switch. It could be there in one of two places, the track or the rear.
Imagine you are pulling up into your driveway with your newly bought sports car from Tesla or Porsche, and you click the button to make your garage open and it starts opening with the most disturbing creaking sound that echoes four to five houses down and you start getting several looks and stares because that sound has horrifically made the neighborhood wonder who is making that terrible racket on a quiet Thursday evening. Well, it is quite embarrassing, indeed. Our garage walls have seen a lot and been through things with our vehicles. They have to serve us every day without any hiccups whatsoever. They have seen us put treadmills in there, they have seen our children’s drum sets and other instruments, and they have heard the jam sessions too. Since there is a fair amount of interaction between us and our garages, there is something annoying a noisy garage door, and we should make sure that we fix it as soon as possible. All the creaking and the squeaking is not something that somebody wants to hear late at night or on a quiet afternoon. In this article, I have listed out some hacks and tips as one would say when it comes to fixing the noisy garage doors.
- Make sure that you have some lubricant handy. It is a very cheap and simple solution, and this is actually the first thing that should be popping into your mind when you think about noisy and creaky doors. Lubricant should be applied on all of the metal parts on the garage doors, and it should also be sprayed over the parts which could be causing some noise. Most people have a chain driven garage door openers. Lubricants should be used on these as well. They can be replaced with a belt-driven garage opener, but you should not attempt to do that yourself.
- Make sure that you tighten up everything. Loose parts could be your problem. Loose parts equate to noisy parts, and that would be because they are not tight.
- See if you can get some new rollers.
- Make sure that you check and see if there is something wrong with the hinges and if there is, you should just go ahead and replace them. Put in some new hinges.